Re: NSA Report: Anyone seen this?

  The 18 June 1996 report, "How to Make a Mint:  The Cryptography of
Anonymous Electronic Cash", was written by Laurie Law, Susan Sabett, and
Jerry Solinas of the Office of Information Security Research and
Technology, Cryptology Division, NSA.  It is 30 pages, as follows:

INTRODUCTION

Section 1.  What is Electronic Cash?
  1.1  Electronic Payment
  1.2  Security of Electronic Payments
  1.3  Electronic Cash
  1.4  Multiple Spending

Section 2.  A Cryptographic Description
  2.1  Public-Key Cryptographic Tools
        (One-Way Functions, Key Pairs, Signature and Identification, Secure
Hashing)
  2.2  A Simplified Electronic Cash Protocol
  2.3  Untraceable Electronic Payments
  2.4  A Basic Electronic Cash Protocol

Section 3.  Proposed Off-Line Implementations
  3.1  Including Identifying Information
        (Cut and Choose, Zero-Knowledge Proofs)
  3.2  Authentication and Signature Techniques
        (RSA Signatures, Blind RSA Signatures, The Schnorr Algorithms,
         Schnorr identification, Schnorr Signature, Blind Schnorr
Signature,
         Chaum-Pederson Signature, Implementations of the Schnorr
Protocols)
  3.3  Summary of Proposed Implementations
        (Chaum-Fiat-Naor, Brands, Ferguson)

Section 4.  Optional Features of Off-Line Cash
  4.1  Transferability
  4.2  Divisibility

Section 5.  Security Issues
  5.1  Multiple Spending Prevention
  5.2  Wallet Observers
  5.3  Security Failures
        (Types of failures, Consequences of a failure)
  5.4  Restoring Traceability

CONCLUSION