Re: slander and call for lawyers. :)

"William H. Geiger III" <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip]

{Well as much as it pains me to take Dimitri's side I doubt that any damages
{can be proved by his statements on this list. My reasoning for this opinion
{is as follows:
{
{A.  Dimitri is a nut, kook, ...ect. Definitely suffering from dimished
{capacity.
{
{B. Everyone on the list is aware of point A.

BZZZZT.  Point A well taken.  Point B fails, unfortunately.  Brought to
my attention not so long ago by a post something along the lines of
"I'll take it for granted that Timmy May is a wanker, but what about
the crypto stuff on this list."  You can't disregard that there is a
constant rotation of subscribers to this list.

{C. So with A & B true when Dimitri makes his nutty statements they are taken
{by the list as just that, nutty statements.

You're correct, so long as it's someone that's been on the list for
long enough to realize that DV appears to have a problem distinguishing
real information from his fantasies.

By the by, I'd be happy to spend a few bucks to defray those legal
expenses, if it actually comes to that.  Either that, or I'll be
happy to supply the rolled-up newspaper to whack him upon the nose.