VulisBOT FAQ

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997 [email protected] wrote:

> lucifer Anonymous Remailer wrote:
> > > distributing it via this list, I still consider it copyrighted material,
> > > for what that's worth. It will eventually be published, in some form, in a
> > > magazine, as part of a much longer article.
> >
> > Right - Chris Platt wants everybody to believe that he's a journalist.
> > Just ask all the people on sci.cryo who think he's just a lying crook.
> > If the drunkard publishes this crap, it'll be at his own expense.
>
> Hey, there is no such newsgroup -- sci.cryo.
>
> I suggest that interested readers check out DejaNews and make sure.

Of course, this is more Vulisware generated bullshit.  How can you tell
if Vulis is lying? He writes messages.

How does VulisWare operate?

VulisWare 1.0 is a lame AI spamming device whose only purpose in life is
to generate havoc on mailing list.  As of this writing the VulisWare bot
is only running on the cypherpunks list.

It generates rants, raves and lies about whomever it targets resorting to
ethnic, racist, homophobic, pedophiliac, dandruff oriented, and sometimes
outright outrageously bizzare made up stories.  These are selected by a
complex Pseudo RandomNumber Generator which uses its wife process's PMS
cycle as a seed.

Failing that, it points out spelling errors.

It does net searches to find out info on the target, then posts the
target's phone number, address, and employer info online asking that all
spam the target and their employer.

If that fails to have any effect, it sends its lies to the targets
employers and calls up its target employer to find out information on
them, or to slander them.

If it can't find out anything about the target, it makes up lies of
outrageous proportions (such as quoted above) and posts them.
[Apparently the VulisBot has recently watched a Babylon 5, where the Big
Lie algorythm is used agains B5 - of all things, the big lie issuers
claimed those who run B5 had cryogenically frozen people.]

It keeps a database of lies used on each target, then repeats the lies
over and over again - this is attributed to the KGB Big Lie Algorythm
(TM of the KGB, copyrighted and patented by the KGB).  For those
unfamiliar with this algorythm, the idea is that if you repeat a big lie
enough times, people will believe it.

Because of this, it must constantly post anonymous - and tentacle
versions of the same lie.  Following the tentacles of these other folks
leads back to dm.com.

Further, one mutation of the VulisBOT is stuck in a loop posting
small anonymous slander several times a day aimed at Tim May.

Anything the VulisBot says should carry the following warning "WARNING:
The Surgeon General has determined that reading Vulis sent mail can cause
stupidity, brain failure, and sometimes laughter.  At no time are you to
believe anything sent by Vulis or its tentacles."

The VuisBot's only purpose in life is to cause havoc and chaos.  It gets
pleasure from this.  At times if it is really bored, it will send huge
texts of crap to the list in hopes of filling up the mailboxes of those
subscribed to the list.

In truth, the VulisBot has only succeded to strengthen the  cypherpunks
movement as several mailing lists have now been created.  Where
originally there was one, there are now three!  VulisBot believes it is
hurting the list.  In truth it is helping the cypherpunks movement,
though granted it is causing much spam and noise, it has only made us
stronger.

Short of an accidental NYPD hollow point bullet striking by accident in
vecinity of 67-67 Burns Street, Forrest Hills, NY 11375 (718) 261-6839,
there is a known cure: To receive VulisFree mail (*) you may subscribed to
one of several filtered mailing lists.  Info on one such list is available
by pointing your web browser at http://www.sundernet.com/crypto.html.
This list in particular has grealy grown in size due to VulisBot's
activities.

Other cures: setup procmail or another mail filter and immediatly delete
anything with the word Vulis in the header.

(*) Even though Vulis is known to be insane, as all insane people are
known to, even Vulis occasionally (once in a blue moon) will post a
coherent, sane, and useful message.  The filtered cypherpunks list
reserves the right to forward such mail.  Granted, this almost never
happens, do not be shocked if it does.

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "If  you're  gonna die,  die  with your|./|\.
..\|/..|[email protected]|boots on;  If you're  gonna  try,  just |/\|/\
<--*-->| ------------------ |stick around; Gonna cry? Just move along|\/|\/
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |you're gonna die, you're gonna die!"    |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|  --Iron Maiden "Die With Your Boots on"|.....
  For with those which eternal lie, with strange eons even death may die.