Re: Anonymous Nymserver: anon.nymserver.com

William H. Geiger III wrote:

> In <[email protected]>, on 03/12/97 at 02:46 AM,

>    TruthMonger <[email protected]> said:

> >  The relationship between MIT and the NSA and the Military

> >isn't very far under the table.

> >  The spooks funded MIT's RSA development, and they are not

> >noted for funding projects for the good of the common man.

> >To suggest that they would fund a form of cryptography that

> >didn't have their own back-door for sounds implausible.

> Well the source code is available for PGP & the RSA library. Can you

> document where in the code there is a back door for the government?

  Can you document where it isn't?

> If you can show what part of the code gives you concerns I am sure everyone

> on the list would be eager to listen otherwise this is just more FUD.

  I realize that you may be too inexperienced in just how the
real world works to understand the value of mistrusting systems
whose development is bought and paid for by the spooks, but I
wish I had a nickle for every loser in history who went to the
gallows complaining that they'd been lied to and fucked over
when the real problem was that they had their hands over their
ears and thier eyes closed.
  Zimmerman may be a saint or a ratfucker, but either way, he
doesn't have a key to the cell door, so I'd rather count on
myself to stay on the open-air side of it.

  I would suggest that if you want to look for "FUD" you take
a look at your own trusting faith in spook-produced cryptography.

TruthMonger