Re: PSYOPS/infowar

This is surely going to piss some people off, but let's some fun with this,
shall we?

At 9:30 pm -0500 on 3/29/97, Greg Broiles wrote:

> According to Ronald Duchin, graduate of the US Army War College and
> former special assistant to the Secy of Defense and director of the
> Veterans of Foreign Wars, activists fall into one of four categories:
> radicals, opportunists, idealists, and realists. He recommends a
> three-step strategy to neutralize activists:
>
> 1.	isolate the radicals

Tim May
Kelly Goen
Phil Zimmermann (then)
Belize, say

> 2.	"cultivate" the idealists

CFP (a virtual terrarium :-))
EFF (agrabiz!)
Phil Zimmermann (now)
Eric Hughes
Michael Froomkin
Any cypherpunk who's actually making money on this stuff :-).
Anguilla
Vanuatu
Me ;-)

> 3.	co-opt the realists into agreeing with industry

RSA
Mondex (a little hand-biting here, on my part)
x.blabla
SET-folk
David Chaum
Hong Kong
Indonesia
The Phillipenes

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected]), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
Lesley Stahl: "You mean *anyone* can set up a web site and compete
               with the New York Times?"
Andrew Kantor: "Yes."  Stahl:  "Isn't that dangerous?"
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/