Re: Jeff's Side of the Story.

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Kent Crispin wrote:

> The Evil One can always masquerade as the next to the last remailer,
> with suitably altered date fields or whatever.  I wasn't thinking in
> terms of traffic analysis -- I was thinking in terms of guaranteeing
> that the last remailer in the chain, the one that actually delivers
> the message, cannot be predicted in advance.

Well, to make the remailers more intelligent, have them count incoming
mail from the list of remailers participating in the system.  (either that
or a rate)  when one remailer seems to be sending much more mail than the
others (which shouldn't happen if all remailers are randomly distributing
the mail to each other)  you automatically do the random forward to
another remailer.

There still exists a problem if a coordinated attack on the whole system
occurs, with large amounts of mail seeking to discredit a group of
remailers at once...

Ryan Anderson - <Pug Majere>     "Who knows, even the horse might sing"
Wayne State University - CULMA   "May you live in interesting times.."
[email protected]                        Ohio = VYI of the USA
PGP Fingerprint - 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9