Hack the Mars rover

At 10 PM sharp, my local cable switched, as per city requirements, from the
imminent deployment of the Mars rover to a city video BBS informing the
viewer about recent changes to local dog tag regulations.

Putting thoughts of Jim Bell aside, this gives me time to ask a question
that has been on my mind since yesterday.

With the solar system's hottest RC vehicle on Mars, how hard would it for a
hacker to take control of the rover? Is NASA using any
encryption/authentication of the commands issued to the rover?

Thanks,

--Lucky Green <[email protected]>
  PGP encrypted mail preferred.
  DES is dead! Please join in breaking RC5-56.
  http://rc5.distributed.net/