Is the Vulisbot triggered by my posts?

At 7:39 AM -0700 7/7/97, Robert Hettinga wrote:
>I think I figured something out.
>
>Tim hasn't been on the list for a while, and no bot noise. Tim gets on the
>list, we get bot noise. The bot's listening for Tim.

An interesting observation. Indeed, I've been down in LA and San Diego for
the past 5 days.

Did the Vulisbot stop posting during my absence? My vague recollection is
that the bot had been quiescent for some time prior to my trip down south,
and I had been (vaguely) ascribing this quiescence to the problems Vulis
has said he is having with his normal computer.

If the Vulisbot is triggered by my posts (but fortunately is limited to
only one or so per day, not to each of my N posts per day), I don't plan to
stop posting just to save you all the halfwit of whomever is responsible.

--Tim May