Re: FYI: NSA Requests Source Code From Elvis+

In <[email protected]>, on
07/07/97
   at 02:43 PM, Ray Arachelian <[email protected]> said:

>On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Ulf [iso-8859-1] M�ller wrote:

>> Why should the US government get access to the source code of foreign
>> product being imported to the US?

>Because they are scum who don't care about the property rights of
>corporations.  I wonder what would happen if Sun would instead say "Fuck
>you no way" or whether they were threatened into giving it up?

Well if Sun, M$, N$, IBM, HP, et. al. had some balls and told the NSA a
long time ago to "Fuck Off" we wouldn't see all this tap dancing around
ITAR right now.

"Either we all hang together or we will all assuredly hang"

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html

PGP signature