Re: FWD: SCIENTISTS PROPOSE NEW ENCRYPTION SCHEME

> SCIENTISTS PROPOSE NEW ENCRYPTION SCHEME
> Two scientists at the IBM Almaden Research Center in San Jose,
> Calif.  have developed a new approach to public key cryptography
> based on mathematical constructs called lattices.  The system
> would be based on a particular set of hidden hyperplanes that
> constitute the private key and a method of generating points near
> one of those hyperplanes for the public key.

This is old(ish) news. This was the Cynthia Dwork paper, but
unfortunately the keysizes for the predictably secure version of the
cryptosystem are unmanageably large, in the smaller key system there is a
probablility of a bit decrypting wrongly (either a 0 as a 1 or the other
way round, I can`t remember)...

I would recommend getting a copy of the paper to anyone interested, it is
really interesting stuff even if it is only theory.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/