Re: Verisign gets export approval

=snip=

> > I also would like to mention the reader that yesterday's release of
> > MSIE 4.0b2 *does* have the ability to check CRL's.
>
> Yes, we will add this feature in some future release.  It will be
> configurable, so if the user doesn't want to check CRLs he doesn't
> have to.

An excellent way of implementing it.

> Aren't all certs VeriSign issues only valid for one year?  This isn't
> any different.
>
> There's nothing preventing another CA from getting permission from the
> USG to issue these magic certs.  We would have to distribute a patch,
> but I don't see any problem with that.

uh, why does one need permission of the usg to issue "magic certs"?

Name: amp
E-mail: [email protected]
Date: 07/18/97
Time: 04:06:36
Visit me at http://www.pobox.com/~amp

'Drug Trafficking Offense' is the root passphrase to the Constitution.

Have you seen
http://www.public-action.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum