Re: Keepers of the keys

At 1:36 PM -0700 7/18/97, Lizard wrote:>Frankly, I find it mildly
>amusing no one has asked the Congressional defenders of key escrow, point
>blank, "What safeguards do you have against keys falling into the hands of
>the next Ames?" Who watches the watchmen?

Why not go one step further and get the strong crypto supporters in the
Senate to tack on an ammendment to the McCain-Kerrey-bill forcing the FBI
and our most secret security agencies to use the very same
government/industry escrow entitites (but not any of the intelligence
organizations themselves) for all their encrypted data storage and
communications traffic and requiring regular GOA compliance reviews.

--Steve