Re: Keepers of the keys

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 18, 1997 at 10:10:37PM -0700, Tim May wrote:
> [usual rant deleted]
> >
> > Kill the key grabbers and all those who support them. Isn't it exactly what
> > Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, and the others would have argued?
>
> Amazing.  Patriotism -- the last refuge of the scoundrel.
>
> However, Patric Henry said something like "Give me liberty or give me
> death." That is really very different from "Kill everyone who opposes
> me and all their supporters." Tim doesn't seem to understand this
> nuance.

The patriotism quote has null benefit because it can be used against
anyone that has "patriotic" principles that are different than yours.

Thus all patriots are scoundrels when they disagree with you.

This is the same as name calling.

Re: Tim May's quote.  May is pointing out the truism that the world
is full of weak-minded fools.  This is the essential problem of
the illusory democracy that we live in today.  Since in our
illusory democracy, the people falsely believe they've excercised their
will via "the vote".

The reality is that the sheeple, lulled into veritable unconsciouness with
an unending stream of monday-night sports, the Home Shopping Channel (TM)
and Beavis and Butthead couldn't care a less as long as they feed on the
media/social security/propaganda tit.  Their personal opinions, thorougly
pre-chewed and digested are spoon-fed to them through a port in the side
of their head labeled "fear".

May is just one of the people who has awoken from the anesthesia
(self-induced or not).

We have met the enemy and he is us.

"There is no one so thoroughly enslaved as those who falsely
believe they are free." (unknown)

Jim Burnes
[email protected]