Re: IRS sending warning notes, violating ECPA?

On Sat, Jul 19, 1997 at 07:12:35PM +0000, Paul Bradley wrote:
[...]
> Does anyone here who didn`t recieve a copy of the mail recall if they
> ever mailed Jim directly, and not through the list?

I didn't receive a copy, and I had several private email discussions
with Jim Bell.

[...]

> The sending of this email to people Jim has communicated with, if it was
> a real mail (I haven`t checked before but other people have and have said
> the headers indicate it passed through several .gov hosts), constitutes
> cowardly harrasment.

Oh, right.  If there is anyplace in cyberspace where experts in
cowardly harassment by email exist, it is on this list.  Get real.

More likely someone at IRS thought they would stir things up a bit,
and is having a bit of fun watching all this.  Maybe they even
thought they were doing people a favor.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
[email protected]			the thief he kindly spoke...