Re: IRS sending warning notes, violating ECPA?

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Paul Bradley wrote:

> > It certainly appears that the IRS has sent "warnings" out to all of us
> > active in the debate. It appears they used the addresses found in e-mail at
> > Bell's residence, from some of the comments here (especially that other
> > lists besides the Cypherpunks list were involved).
>

> Does anyone here who didn`t recieve a copy of the mail recall if they
> ever mailed Jim directly, and not through the list?

I've sent mail directly to Jim, and I didn't get any mail from the IRS.

Could have several causes;

a. I did get one, but procmail thought it was stego'd ascii art from
Dimitri Vulis.

b. The IRS doesn't want to upset a generous donor (I'm still waiting for
my free tote bag).

c. Jim had killfiled me for being a diseased marsupial.

d. The C4 recipe had some flaws.  ;)

Anyway, I sent Jim mail a few times, but no email from the IRS (that I
found, anyway).

-r.w.