Re: DEATH TO THE TYRANTS

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Tim May wrote:

> Namely, who is "[email protected]" and what does he or she think of
> the "DEATH TO TYRANTS" subject header, sent to me (and maybe others). And
> what was the reason this was sent to folks who are neither lawyers nor
> reporters nor anyone else who typically receives Treasury Department press
> releases?

I'm probably wrong on this, but the "pr" at the end stands for public
relations, "nw" could be "news wire" or some such.  (And for the clueless,
IRS stands of course for evil jackbooted thugs that eat most of our
paychecks for breakfast...)  :)

For one thing, I suggest we setup a nice big form letter and spam them
back with it stating that we do not condone spamming and that we intend to
sue their asses for using our private emails to distribute government
propaganda.  (The quartering of soldiers and all that shit would be a nice
constituional point to include.)  Any lawyer like folk willing to write up
such a beast?  I'd gladly attach my email address to it as it's being
sent.

It could also be a mailing list, if it is, sending email to it will at
least confirm the theory...

It's interesting that I've tried two or three different networks and
nslookup, ping, and traceroute don't show any net.insp.irs.gov, nor any
insp.irs.gov... anyone have better luck finding this evil machine?

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "If you wanna touch the sky, you must  |./|\.
..\|/..|[email protected]| be prepared to die.  And I hate cough  |/\|/\
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  | For with those which eternal lie, with |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"| strange aeons, even death may die.     |.....