Re: Yet another self-labeling system (do you remember -L18?)

In <[email protected]>, on 07/28/97
   at 09:56 AM, James Love <[email protected]> said:

>   What is your strategy to avoid RSACi type systems?  To persuade
>parents that there is no need to censor kids from graphic images of
>sexual acts?  Good luck.  Or to suggest something which addresses the
>obvious problems, and takes the steam out of the more ambitious labeling
>systems?  Or to hope that the status quo survives because it is too
>difficult to construct an alternative (the stategy that most antilabeling
>people seem to be relying upon)?

Well there happens to be a little anoying thing called the Constitution of
the Untied States of America. In there there is what is know as the First
Amendment. In this admendment there is a clause that says "Congress shall
pass no law ...".

It should be obvious even to you that RSACi or any other manditory
labeling system it blaitently unconstitutional in direct violation of the
First Amendment.

One can not preserve ones freedoms through comprimise. History has shown
us this time and time again.

I don't know how Tim feels on this but I am not willing to comprimise one
inch on this issue. The little Nazi censors need to be squashed like the
roaches that they are. Make no mistake about it the issue here is not
labeling but censorship. These groups pushing the labeling issue are
intrested in only one thing and that is gaining the power to control what
others can and cannot say. This is only a steeping stone in their grab for
power.

Back in the '30 we had a chance to stop the Nazi's and insted the world to
the easy route of comprimise and paied dearly for it latter on. The same
is true is true now. If we continue to back down and comprimise it will
only encourage them to bigger and bolder grabs for power.

This is the opening shots of the war for freedom of humanity. Either we
fight now for our freedoms or we shall die tomorrow in slavery.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html