Re: Entrust Technologies's Solo - free download

Sandy Harris writes:
> Cypherpunks & Freedom Knights. Both should be very happy to
> see strong encryption becoming more widely available.

Yes, we are.

> >as long they continue to employ the child-molesting
> >pedophile Chris R. Lewis - the biggest forger on Usenet.
> What this scum is actually upset about is Chris Lewis cancelling
> spam. He calls that "forgery" because the spammer's name goes
> in the sender field of the cancel message. Nonsense.

According to RFC 1036 forging cancels for articles that do not
originate from your news site is not allowed. He is clearly in
violation of the RFCs. Spam jihads are not sufficient reason
to ignore internet protocols.

> Dimitri, the "forgeries" are going to continue until someone comes
> up with a better way of dealing with spam.

There -is- a better way. It's called the delete key. Few seem to
want to use it, which fits with humanity's general lack of personal
responsibility.

> The crap about pedophilia is also, of course, nonsense. It seems
> to be a favorite slur lately with several grossly misguided people
> who think calling people they dislike pedophiles is a way to
> "defend freedom of speech".

You have a better way to demonstrate free speech?
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - [email protected]
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.