Re: Yet another self-labeling system (do you remember -L18?)

Paul Bradley wrote:

> >    What is your strategy to avoid RSACi type systems?  To persuade
> > parents that there is no need to censor kids from graphic images of
> > sexual acts?  Good luck.
>
> Persuation is not the point, it is not necessary to persuade people
> that
> censorship is morally wrong in order for it to be so.

     Well, if persuasion is "not necessary," then why do you care about
anyone's views on this?

    On your other point, I really don't agree that is morally wrong to
take steps to prevent children from having access to pornography.
People may propose ways of doing this which are objectionable, but the
basic goal is hardly immoral.  Indeed, many think it is immoral not to
protect children.

                Jamie

James Love | Center for Study of Responsive Law
P.O. Box 19367 | Washington, DC 20036 | 202.387.8030
http://www.cptech.org | [email protected]