Re: forged cancels (Re: Entrust Technologies's Solo - free download)

Adam Back <[email protected]> writes:

> Newsadmins who auto-cancel cross-posts are acting counter-productively
> and censorously.

	I'm not aware of anybody that does that.  The only crossposts that
are killed are those that reach a BI of 20, and for a single post to do
that would require the message to be crossposted to 400 newsgroups.  Which
doesn't happen.

	It might interest you to know that a cancel will kill all the
crossposts in a single message, BTW.  Your "cancelling 99 of the 100
articles thing" does save lots of reader time.

	(If you're going to talk about cancels authoritatively, please
read my Cancel FAQ - it's got huge piles of information on this stuff.)

				- Tim Skirvin ([email protected])