Re: Memme: Crypto=Bullet Proof Vests (fwd)

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Jim Choate wrote:

> How did the police get special 'rights' that normal citizens don't?
> Especialy considering that they are mentioned no place in the Constitution.
> And the Constitution specificaly prohibits via the 10th such self-invoked
> expansion of powers.

There are other devices that can only be bought by LEA's but those are
usually surveilance gear.  The SpyKing seminar told us that there are "GPS
recorders" that can be planted in a mark's car, which will record all the
coordinates ever second, where the mark was, so by planting this nice
device and retrieving it, you get a lovely map without having to trail the
guy.

There's another version which you don't have to retrieve that allows you
to drive next to the mark's car then have the data beamed back to you!

Since it isn't a bug and doesn't transmit anything (until triggered), it's
very hard to detect in your car.

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.
..\|/..|[email protected]|you once again. I thought you were      |/\|/\
<--*-->| ------------------ |hiding, and you thought that I had run  |\/|\/
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |away chasing the tail of dogma. I opened|.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|my eye and there we were....            |.....