Re: It's Official...

At 7:39 AM -0700 8/19/97, Robert Hettinga wrote:

>                  The newly identified disorder will
>                  be dubbed Pathological Internet Use  Fatal
>                  (PIU) and will be christened during

Well, I don't know about the "Fatal" part, as I haven't died yet.

The rest of the description seems to accomplish the goals of the mental
health profession, namely, to extend their empire a bit and get more
revenue from insurers and corporations. Nothing surprising there.

Maybe what they mean by "Pathological Internet Use Fatal" is that heavy
users of the Internet, and readers of Cypherpunks and  Militia Times become
fatal to others, like those who try to raid their homes clad in black Nomex
ninja warrior suits?

--Tim May