Re: Status of Cypherpunks list sites?

Prof. Antonomasia wrote:

> TCMay wrote:
>
> > Not too long ago I was subscribed to the "[email protected]" address,
> > and the list stopped flowing to me for a day or so. I resubbed under

That was my fault, I improperly killed sendmail and then went to the
country for a day or two.

> > "[email protected]." I noticed that Igor Chudov said he was taking
> > a hiatus from the Net and lists, so I wondered if this meant his support
> > for his site was either being dropped or might be subject to more frequent
> > outages.
>
> I re-subscribed to the algebra list when I returned from HIP97
> and in fact got onto the ssz list.  Seems like Igor diverted the
> subscription.  Comments, Igor ?

I have no idea how such a diversion could happen, if we assume that no
hacking is taking place. I think that it is more likely that you were
confused by headers. It seems that now cypherpunks list works just fine,
although I would appreciate if you correct me.

I do, indeed, try to stay away from the Net as far as possible (that is,
do nothing that is not directly related to making or saving money).
Therefore, please, report any problems with [email protected]
to me directly.

> > And shouldn't we all be making a more serious effort to drop the use of the
> > "[email protected]" address, as John said some months back that he would
> > support forwarding stuff for a while, but not necessarily forever. As it
> > is, it just adds another hop and another potential weak link.
>
> Yes.

As long as everyone uses distributed servers to receive the list traffic,
removal of the toad.com address will be quickly noticed.

	- Igor.