Re: heart

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} wrote:
>
> > We can't let one group or other be considered less the human[1].  No one
> > is less or more desurving of basic rights.

[...]

> They already make themselves less than human by their actions, not by
> their identity.

No even by there acts thay do not reduce there humanity.  Humans do some
realy rotten things but that is just the nature of a creature with free
will.

[...]

> > So we should resond in a simmler mannor?
>
> An eye for an eye, a toilet plunger for another.  That's the only true
> justice there can be.

Again I would not wish to live like that Nor do I beleave that it is true
justice (what ever that may be.).  Its a barbric form of psydojusice.

[...]

> Distinction: cypherpunks don't want to control or take away your privacy.

Of cause, nether do the goverment, in the beinging.  But ideals fade and
peaple become corrupted.  At some point someone is going to say "To
protect your privacy we have to violate your privacy."

> Cypherpunks don't use toilet plungers.  Cypherpunks write code. :)

But we are getting to the point where code can do more dammige and be more
effective then any toilet plunger could be.  (Though I dout it will
unblock drains)

[,..]

> I understand your fears, but hating the enemy and knowing the enemy isn't
> becoming it.

Its just I fear the cure where worce then the desease.

>  Revolutions aren't about taking over,

Thay shouldn't be, but thay often are.  History is littered with examples
of the heroic revolutionary leader becomeing the next dictor,  often
before the presdential chair has gotten cold.

> they're about freedom from the injustices done by the older regime.

Or stroking the egos and postion of the revolitionaries.

Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep. Buy easter bilbies.
Save the ABC Is $0.08 per day too much to pay?   ex-net.scum and proud
I'm sorry but I just don't consider 'because its yucky' a convincing argument