Re: heart

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, ? the platypus {aka David Formosa} wrote:
>
> > Humans do some realy rotten things but that is just the nature of a
> > creature with free will.
>
> And somehow this justifies their actions while allowing them to be human,
> and doesn't justify our hatred of them and makes us inhuman?

If we are willing to consider anyone of us to be less then human then we
all become less human.  No one has a right to consider anthoughter less
then human.

[...]

> > Again I would not wish to live like that Nor do I beleave that it is true
> > justice (what ever that may be.).  Its a barbric form of psydojusice.
>
> It's called having the punishment fit the crime precisely and exactly.

I would prefur that the punishment would fit the criminal.

> > [...] At some point someone is going to say "To protect your privacy
> > we have to violate your privacy."
>
> That would be Hoover.  Correct: corruption.  And why have we accepted and
> allowed such corruption of ideals from the start?

It is greaduil,  first you let the cops beconsidered less then human and
then you let the idear spread to other groups.  The only fair way to
defend against such attacks is to attack idears like that when ever thay
occour.

[...]

> Erm, when the jack booted thugs come at you with automatics, I'd like to
> see you throw PGP disks, or source code at them to see if it can do more
> damage to them that their bullets to your body.

Raids from jack booted thugs are nether the start nor the end.  While code
will not stop bullets, thay sometimes will have the ablity to stop the
thugs being able to get you.

[...]

> > Its just I fear the cure where worce then the desease.
>
> The cure happened once before.  Recall England and the lovely colonies
> that rebelled.  Do you believe that cure was worse than the Kings taxes
> and troops?

Given I am a subject of HRM[1] I would not know.  I am not happy about
this eather but we are working at getting rid of her.

- --
Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep.  ex-net.scum and proud
You Say To People "Throw Off Your Chains" And They Make New Chains For
Themselves? --Terry Pratchett

[1] I am an Australian.