Re: Reproductive Rights and State Benefits (fwd)

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Jim Choate wrote:
> If accepted as fact this provides even less reason for the 14th. As it
> clearly does not prevent federal rights over-riding state rights.

Jeez, it's too late to conduct Con Law Seminar 701, but focus
on "liberty" in the 14th Amendment as transfering the Bill Of
Rights, or most of it, to govern the states as well.  OK?
Cause that's the SCt's view of it, and as I've said, it seems
to work reasonably well, reagardless of the chinks in the logic.
MacN