Re: Socio-Economic Cults (Re: Cypherpunk Cults)

On Aug 28,  9:59, Ian Sparkes wrote:
} Subject: Re: Socio-Economic Cults (Re: Cypherpunk Cults)

> At 14:43 28.08.97 +1000, you wrote:
> >On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Adam Back wrote:
> >
> >[...]
> >
> >> If one person becomes too much of a nuisance (real trigger happy
> for
> >> ultra minor infractions [...] relatives, friends, or concerned
> citizens
> >> will correct (fill trigger happy person with lead).
> >
> >Dosn't help the poor person who got shot dose it?  Am I mad to
> beleave
> >that getting killed is a reduction of basic civil liberties?
> >
> >> That's how the wild west worked anyway... outlaws didn't last that
> >> long.
> >
> >Nor did the wild west.
> >

> And nor the innconent bystanders. The 'you pissed me off - bang bang
> you're dead' mentality was the reason for one of the largest
> genocides in human history.

One assumes you are reffering to the wild west again?

Regardless, a point about the wild west:  I have it from a fairly reliable
source that in teh entire time period labeled 'The Wild West', there were about
8 shooting deaths in Dodge City (a particularily 'Wild' town), of which 5 were
shotgun deaths....  Makes you wonder.

I also have a pointer to an excellent, well researched US paper on why gun
control is bad, if anyone wants it, but it's been posted here before I'm pretty
sure.