Re: A Distributed Network Cache Service

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Mike Duvos wrote:
> The Trusted Agent then signs Bob's data, declaring that
> the resulting digital coccoon produced from Bob's data is
> associated with the TAG, and that the CONTEXT necessary to
> recover the data has been communicated to Bob and all copies
> destroyed.

Which is of course where the protocol will fail. Any such system must be
resistant to operator compromise. A clean solution for a distributed data
haven resistant to machine/operators compromise would be to use a design
similar to the Anonymous Mailbox Servers I gave a talk on at HIP'97.

Unfortunately, our project leader is very busy with his daytime job and it
probably will be a while before we will see some demo sites up and running.

But it will happen :-)

--Lucky