Re: forged cancels (Re: Entrust Technologies's Solo - free download)

Tim Skirvin <[email protected]> writes:

> Adam Back <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Newsadmins who auto-cancel cross-posts are acting counter-productively
> > and censorously.

Once again, the net.Scum who forges cancels are generally NOT news admins.

Please examine Net.Scum web pages for the self-appointed censors like
Tim Brown (http://www.netscum.net/brownt0.html) or Bob Curtis
(../curtisb0.html) when the site is up again.  Indeed, Bob Curtis's
example is very telling - he tried to "take over" an unmoderated
newsgroup, claiming to represent some "Usenet administration", and
forging cancels for articles that exposed his lies.

> 	I'm not aware of anybody that does that.  The only crossposts that
> are killed are those that reach a BI of 20, and for a single post to do
> that would require the message to be crossposted to 400 newsgroups.  Which
> doesn't happen.

Here's one counterexample. Yes, it's in the
regional relcom.* hierarchy.  Yes, there are lots of folks who forge cancels
for "inappropriate cross-posts" in the "big 8". I won't bother looking
for them because Tim Skirvin knows about it and is simply lying.