Re: India's Crypto Laws

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Tim May wrote:

You ->>Well, for starters, what are the laws about crypto use in India?
  About crypto ,Indian law is silent...it does not put any restriction on
individuals selling or explaining their algo or anything like that

You ->>(I'm serious. None of our Indian list subscribers, that I can recall, has
You ->>carefully stated what the Indian laws are.)
You ->>
You ->>If it isn't illegal in India, what do you care what some laws in the U.S.A.
You ->>say?
 OK I will make it little more clear.I meant --I donot want anyone to
break the law for me... and i donot what the laws are....Or how they
censorship ......or anything like that

You ->>I certainly don't let whatever the laws are in India, or Botswana, or
You ->>Germany, or Latvia dictate my actions in the U.S.
 Even I donot

You ->>So, when you say "I donot want to break any law," how do you think you
You ->>could be breaking any laws that bind you?
 As I mentioned before,I did not make myself very clear when i told that.

You ->>(If you are concerned that using DES could cause you to be subject to
You ->>kidnapping and wrapping in a Persian carpet by one of the NSA's snatch
You ->>teams, I expect you have little to worry about. Noriega was kidnapped and
You ->>spirited out of Panama because he knew the details of Bush's CIA dealings
You ->>in Panama. I expect you have nothing that scares them.)
 I never knew of all these........

Ok but the basic question remains
      CAN YOU HELP ME????
I am just starting my work for a paper on encryption algorithms.I am quite
new in the feild....so just need some help
TIA,
vijo
           _/        _/                      Vijo Cherian
            _/      _/                Final year undergraduate student,
             _/    _/   _/   _/      /__/_/     Computer Engineering,
              _/  _/    _/   _/    /       |/   SVREC,Surat
                _/      _/   _/    |       |/   India
 [email protected]    _/   -/     \____ /