Militias

I just watched an hour-long special on CBS, "The Birth of a Militia," about
the Rocky Mountain Militia is southern Utah.

On nearly every issue I felt the militia members were right. Personally, I
don't share their animosity toward Jews and blacks, but their beliefs are
theirs to practice as they wish (including fighting laws which force them
to mix with other races, as with laws which force them to hire those they
have no desire to hire).

I got so angry at their persecution that I felt like going out target
shooting at my favorite range (open late at night). But since I went out
shooting just this afternoon, I guess I'll stay home and rant.

The militia member who was arrested, tried, and convicted of illegally
owning a gun, evading the police, and driving without a license, apparently
committed no serious crimes, by my standards. He didn't rob, he didn't
rape, he didn't kill.

As the Sheriff was quoted several times as saying, he "mouthed off." And
apparently being a "skinhead" and a "militia member" is ipso facto proof of
criminality. The Sheriff said he planned to get Johnny.

Fuck them.  Political crimes. Just like Bell.

Maybe I will get in another hour of target practice tonight. The end times
are coming.

(BTW, the CBS piece left on this note: Johnny (didn't catch his last name)
is holed up this evening in his compound, refusing to report for
sentencing. The State Security Bureau, er, the Sheriff, says a shootout is
likely.)

--Tim May