Re: FBI calls for mandatory key escrow; Denning on export ctrls

Freeh did not mention banning existing programs. He did, however, talk
about restricting what was distributed, sold, and imported.

Even so, it only takes one intrepid staffer to add a word to the bill that
would include an "or possessed" clause in it. A "per se" rule against
crypto!

-Declan