Re: Big Brother is watching

At 03:01 PM 9/4/97 -0400, Ray Arachelian wrote:

>On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Anonymous wrote:
>
>> 2) When you find one of these unattended critters along the road, wave
>> your hand in front of it at amazing speeds until it runs out of film.
>> (Ensure middle finger is extended.)
>
>Depends on the kind of camera.  If it's a video camera, you might be able
>to blind the bitch by blasting loads of IR at it which would be
>invisible to any donut munchers watching you....   Anyone know a source
>for big IR lamps?
>
>Any way to defeat film bearing cameras?

Depends if the camera is watched.

Vaseline on the lens will blur the image, but you have to get close enough
to get it there.

Hard radiation will blur the film, but tends to have nasty side effects.

Pain guns can cover the lens.

Spray paint cans on long poles (as used by agitprop graffiti artists) are
useful.  (Under the cover of night...)

Laser pointers hidden nearby and aimed at the lens.  (About $20 at your
local discount office store.)

Gas or kerosine poured on the camera will make a nice tiki tourch.

An air rifle or pellet gun may be quiet enough to hit the camera from a
distance, breaking the internals of the camera.  (A crossbow will work as
well, but those may be best saved for those unmarked helicopters planting
pot seeds on your property so the government can seize it later.)

A magnet placed on the side of video cameras may screw up the picture.
(This will only work for the metal cased cameras.  You also have to use a
strong magnet and get it in the right spot.)

I am sure others will have useful suggestions.

---
|              "That'll make it hot for them!" - Guy Grand               |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com/~alan/       |[email protected]|