Re: Gao's Chaos Cryptosystem Algorithm

At 9:15 PM -0700 9/8/97, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

>Tim, my question was related to items 2 and 3. I think that Nobuku san
>suggested a way to generate a stream of pseudo-random bits from an
>inputted text. The important question is, how Prof. Nobuku is going to
>do it exactly. If done right, I believe that his system is great if the
>key is never reused.
>
>Is that correct?
>
>Sayonara

Why do you think a private key system, even one based on trendy buzzwords
(e,g, "chaos") is interesting?

Do you think means of generating one time pads have been lacking?

As for "his system is great if the key is never reused," think about it.

As Santayana-san put it, each generation which fails to learn the lessons
of cryptography is condemned to reinvent the one time pad, and to give it a
trendy new name (virtual, chaotic, aptical, gaos, etc.).

--Tim May