Re: Government shows its hand...good news!

At 08:12 PM 9/9/97 -0700, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>Let me clarify my earlier comments. The language sez Defense & Commerce
>together can veto crypto exports, and:
>
>"Decisions made by the Secretary of Commerce with the concurrence of the
>Secretary of Defense with respect to exports of encryption products under
>this section shall not be subject to judicial review."

Decan,
This paragraph does not, and in fact could not, preclude judicial review of
the constitutionality of the statue itself.

--Lucky Green <[email protected]>
  PGP encrypted mail preferred.
  DES is dead! Please join in breaking RC5-56.
  http://rc5.distributed.net/