Re: House National Security committee guts SAFE, worse than no bill

Declan McCullagh <[email protected]> writes:

> I was talking to someone after a law class this evening (we're covering
> electronic privacy topics, but unfortunately we're not at crypto yet). He
> suggested widespread civil disobedience.

Might I suggest using RSA in perl:

which is now officially non-exportable (as reported by Peter Junger;
he asked for serveral code examples and this one was one of the
non-exportable ones).  Short enough to make them look silly, short
enough that most people don't have qualms about quoting, or using as a
.sig.  And they've committed themselves in writing to Peter Junger
that you're not allowed to export it.

> Perhaps it's time to dare the Feds to prosecute you. Any volunteers?

Naturally I'm no use ... but y'all could have some fun.

Adam