RE: House National Security committee guts SAFE, worse than no bill

I hate to tip folks off as to my column for tomorrow, but that's exactly
what I'm doing in it.  I have written that if the Feds try to impose
key-recovery crypto on me, I'll start using some encryption program that
doesn't comply with the law, and I'll send copies of the messages to the
Feds, so they can come and arrest me.  If I really thought they would, I
wouldn't have written it!  But I'll stand by it.

Anyway, I don't presently encrypt my mail.  No reason to--I ain't no
pedophile...;-)
So if I want to send crypto I must find some partner in crime.  Any
volunteers?

Hiawatha Bray
Technology Reporter
Boston Globe