Re: [fwd][news] Netscape meets gov't security standard

Vipul Ved Prakash wrote:

> *** Netscape meets gov't security standard
>
> Netscape Communications Corporation announced Monday the National
> Institute of Standards and Technology and the Canadian Security
> Establishment validated the security code in Netscape Communicator
> client software and Netscape SuiteSpot server software as meeting
> Federal Information Processing Standards Publications 140-1, "Security
> Requirements For Cryptographic Modules." Netscape is the only Internet
> software vendor to comply with the FIPS 140-1 security standard, the
> company said. (PR Newswire) See full story at
> http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=4840046-429

For those of you interested, we are validated at level 2 when used on a
C2 OS, level 1 otherwise.  You can find more info at
http://home.netscape.com/assist/security/faqs/fips140-1.html

--
What is appropriate for the master is not appropriate| Tom Weinstein
for the novice.  You must understand Tao before      | [email protected]