Re: unSAFE won't pass?

Declan McCullagh <[email protected]>:

>By late September, the Commerce committee will vote on SAFE. By
>mid-October, the committee chairs should have worked out a compromise
>package. This goes to the Rules committee, chaired by Solomon. Until
last
>week he vowed to block SAFE. Now he'd like, I'm told, to get the FBI's
>version to the floor immediately. There are, however, only so many
slots
>on the suspension calendar.

The thing I still don't understand is why anyone thinks the house
will support the new bill.  There were hundreds of co-sponsors for
SAFE in its original form.  The modified version is exactly the
opposite of the original SAFE.  So it seems like a majority of house
members should oppose the bill.

"John