Re: STUMP (Was: encouraging digital pseudonyms)

Wei Dai wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>
> > My moderation bot STUMP, available for free download at my Web Site
> > http://www.algebra.com/~ichudov, actively supports pseudonymous posters
> > who identify themselves with PGP.
>
> It looks pretty good, but the description only says USENET. Can it also be
> used on mailing-lists?

Yes, it can. Just replace the definition of RNEWS to the call to
resend script.

> If so, can someone who have the resources please
> run it on the cypherpunks list (just the pseudonym feature please, not the
> moderation)?

I think that people are very leery of using anything with word
"moderation" in it in cypherpunks mailing lists.

> > STUMP rewrites the From: field for pseudonymous letters, substituting
> > the From: field to the user ID in the PGP key.
>
> I suggest also putting the PGP key fingerprint into the From: field,
> because the user ID can be forged, making it less useful for filtering
> purposes.

Mmmm, that's not a bad idea. I will think about it and
maybe put it in.

	- Igor.