Re: Microsoft

>At 02:25 AM 1/4/98 +0100, Anonymous wrote:
>>
>>Windows is still fucking me up the ass! I'm bleeding to death here!
>
>Then get a copy of Linux and stop whining!
>
>Sheesh!

Usually when somebody says something like that they're refering more to
Microsoft indirectly borking them. For instance, people send around MS Turd
documents. You have to buy MS Turd. Some Windows lamers send out HTML email.
Many (most?) are clueless on USENET. Many (most?) don't like to type at all,
and choke and die when they get into an environment where they have to.
People walk into computer labs and are stuck with the pathetic environment
that is Windows. And this doesn't even count the "Everyone is running
Windows" and "Everything is da web" folks.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was full source to everything and it didn't
cost an arm and a leg, or if it didn't suck. But there isn't, it does, and
that's putting it mildly.

I can hear the cries of "You're anti-business!" and "You're just a UNIX
weenie!" already. I just remember back when the average net user had
somewhat of a clue. When the network went "to the masses" and people went
out of their way to make it point and click the drooling lemmings were
attracted to it. And of course where the drooling lemmings go the people who
take advantage of the drooling lemmings follow, e.g. spammers.

My attitude about this pretty much went down the toilet when I was called a
"UNIX weenie" because I suggested that a Windows user deliver his own mail
while the ISP's SMTP server was down. Then of course the Windows flamer
decided to start denouncing the very notion of RFCs, then started rambling
about POP3 and IMAP. And of course I implied "that we all run UNIX" because
I used the word "daemon" -- yeah, apparently Windows is so bad that this
user didn't even know it *could* run background processes.

No, I wasn't the original writer, but I see where the original author was
coming from...I think. Yes, I use Linux. Yes, I remember MAKE.MONEY.FAST but
it was nothing like the spam we get today and was few and far between.