Re: In God We Antitrust, from the Netly News

Tim May <[email protected]> writes:
> [snip]
> The AMD K6 may not be quite the dog the K5 was,

I've got a K5, seems like a fine CPU to me... around the performance
of a P166 for about 1/2 the price.

Why do you say the K5 is a dog?

K6 is similarly value for money.

I also bought a AMD 486 120Mhz a while ago for similar value for money
reasons.

I thought for a while Cyrix or AMD had faster processors available
than Intel.  (Just prior to to Pentium II, where the Pentium Pro was
highly priced and for some applications slower than an Pentium clocked
at the same speed).

I may not be off to buy AMD stock, but I like competition, and will
buy AMD or Cyrix any time they have a cheaper and compatible product.

Adam
--
Now officially an EAR violation...