Re: Sun to fight MS w/ new workstations [CNN]

>    More related sites... PALO ALTO, Calif.(Reuters) - Sun Microsystems
>    Inc. will launch a new line of workstations Tuesday, aiming to
>    challenge its rivals and blunt the spread into markets for
>    high-powered desktop computers used by engineers of PCs using
>    Microsoft Corp.'s Windows NT.

Hmm...  Considering that you can buy a PC w/ Linux and have a Unix
workstation for less than the cost of a new computer with NT, I wonder
who Sun is really targetting here.

Most of the people buying NT are the same people who bought their last
OS from Microsoft, and don't feel like trying anything new.  Sun's real
problem is that they were charging much more for their computers than
it would cost to put together the parts.  Hence, the drop in demand.

But I suppose 'The evil Microsoft Empire is taking away our customers'
makes for better headlines, even if it is bullshit.