Re: Misty??? (fwd)

Anonymous wrote:
|Adam Back wrote:

Well, for the record, that was me, not Mr. Back, but who can tell the
difference?

|> Tim May wrote:
|> | I wouldn't call Misty "snake oil." But it's also been thoroughly taken
|> | apart and shown to be weak. Importantly, it was submitted by Mitsubishi for
|> | peer review.
|>
|> Could you provide a pointer to the analysis paper?
|
|Adam, you should know better than to ask.  Everyone knows you can't
|trust a bigot to do cryptography.  Tim "Chop Chop" May's opinions about
|Misty are based not on the strength of the cipher, but on the ethnicity
|of the creator.

	Its clear to me that Nobuki baits Tim, and Tim baits Nobuki.
Its not as entertaining as the Detwieler days (where we would have
gotten the claimn that Tim and Nobuki were the same), but hey..

	I'm perfectly happy to let bigots do my cryptanalysis for me.
As long as they get positive results, hey, I'm more secure.  Not
believing that the Americans could break German engineering was one of
the failures of the Enigma team.

Adam

					               -Hume