Re: Misty???

At 08:02 AM 1/23/98 -0800, Tim May wrote:
>Yes, I was thinking of FEAL. And even FEAL was not "snake oil," in that the
>inventors of it were not trying to use deception to promote it. (I consider
>this to be part of what "snake oil" is.)

When FEAL was written, it wasn't snake oil.  If anybody tries to use it
today, it _is_ snake oil, because it and a number of variants on it
are well known to be broken.  (Too bad, because it was made to be
small and light and run on wimpy processors, but there are now other
small fast cyphers around.)
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]