Re: Sucking Sound...

Tim is right to bring this up. It will have immense impact on the issues
the cypherpunks care about. How can Clinton talk about policy proposals
(crypto, Net-taxes, etc.) when his presidency is spiraling away?

At the daily press briefing yesterday, McCurry tried to talk about some
welfare plan or something. Whatever. Doesn't matter what it was; I don't
remember -- point is you don't see it on the front page of newspapers today.

Note the grand jury is set to meet next Tues, not coincidentally, the day
of the SoUA. A week ago everyone was scrambling to find out what was going
to be in it. Nobody cares anymore. I may sit in on it in the press gallery
just to see the dynamic and hear the catcalls.

Where I work, most of the folks are liberals. Before this week, they lent
scant credence to Paula Jones etc. -- the previous Bimbo Eruptions. This
time is different. This time there is serious talk of impeachment: what the
legal standards are, what the Republicans are doing on the Hill, what this
means for Gore.

This time, it's for real.

-Declan