Re: Quantum teleportation and communication

At 10:29 AM 1/28/98 -0800, Tim May thoughtfully expounded thus:
[Info on various quantum effects snipped]

>More info in the sources named. Avoid the pop science treatments by Nick
>Herbert, unless other, more mainstream sources are also consulted at the
>same time. And definitely avoid the "psi" nonsense of Jack Sarfatti.
>
>Gribbin's books are pretty good.

While Sarfatti may be a bit whacko. PSI is proving to be anything but
nonsense.

I agree that there is a _lot_ of "sheep & goats" effect in the literature,
but I think Ed May's critiques of the AIR study of Remote Viewing done by
SAIC's Cognitive Sciences Laboratory (at http://www.lfr.org/csl/index.html
) are worth reading.  MI analysts who did RV at Ft. Meade have received
commendations and medals for the intelligence they generated using RV.

FWIW

Tom Porter                                       [email protected]
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?'  I am not able rightly to apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

FIGHT U.S. GOVT. CRYPTO-FASCISM, EXPORT A CRYPTO SYSTEM!  RSA in PERL: