Re: Planetary rovers, SETI and other musings, was Re: update.356 (fwd)

Tim May wrote:

> Nothing in quantum teleportation has been shown to propagate signals
> faster than light. (If you don't believe me, look into it. Start by
> reading the FTL discussions about Bell's Theorem.)

True, but there are some other interesting effects which could be
explained by FTL communication, such as the fact that light diffracted
through two slits shows an interference pattern, even though one of
the slits is farther away than the light travel time from where the
pattern appears.

Then there's the fact that light appears to propegate faster in a region
of space 'starved' of virtual particles by the casimir effect.  That one
is a favorite among warp drive theorists. :)