reformatting C:\Washington-DC (Re: [RRE]Conference: Technological Visions)

Steve Bryan writes:
> Tim May
> >Y2K: A good chance to reformat America's hard drive and empty the trash.
>
> If you reformat the drives, there's no need to empty the trash.

I suspect the quote was meant to imply that the "trash" would get
overwritten with 0s (or as this is cypherpunks overwritten with high
quality random number output, multiple times!)

(And if you want to be nitpicky about the metaphor, reformatting
doesn't overwrite with 0s, typically, so the trash and all would still
be there.)

Adam