Q to cypherpunks. WAS:Re: Please stop forwarding Canadian Firearms Digest to Cypherpunks List!

Q for you CPunks: did PGP v.5.5.3i was truly peer-reviewed for flaws or
backdoors?  If not, which is that last version that was?

On Sat, 03 Oct 1998 14:20:42 -0700, Bill Stewart wrote:

>Hi!  Of course most of us believe that firearms registration is wrong
>and that the right to own weapons is the right to be free,
>and I suppose it is a break from Clinton&Monica rants,
>but still, please stop forwarding the Canadian firearms stuff to
>the cypherpunks list.

Is is not about the right to be free, it is about govt organizing seriously to
deny that right.   :-S

OK, I'll stop.  No problemo Bill.  OTOH, I will still post articles with
relevance to crypto from the list or elsewhere.

Some of thoses articles will possibly have nothing to do with crypto except
that they will be modifications or subtleties of ITAR.

Just so you know: I spend a lot of keystrokes teaching PGP to various peoples
nowadays...

Ciao all C'Punks.

jfa

Jean-Francois Avon, Pierrefonds (Montreal), Canada

Unregistered Firearms in the hands of honest citizens: Liberty's Teeth
Strong Cryptographic tools in the hands of honest citizens: Liberty's Voice

He who beats his sword into a ploughshare will get coerced to plow for
those who don't...

PGP keys: http://bs.mit.edu:8001/pks-toplev.html
PGP ID:C58ADD0D:529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891
PGP ID:5B51964D:152ACCBCD4A481B0 254011193237822C